Friday, June 15, 2007

Charms!





Guys am back! I finally got my internet fixed and am i glad?It sure was hell all those days when i couldnt hook up to blogville and had to make do with the little opportunities i got on my brothers PC. I wasnt even able to vote for my peeps Diary of a G, Sparkle and Everyone loves a Naija girl in the blogville idols contest. Pink-Satin i am waiting for season 2, I may just be a contestant myself(lol), seriously u guys need to hear me sing, i sound like something btw Whitney houston and Mariah Carey(No try me o!).






Now to the title of my post, I want to yarn una one small jist, its about my encounter with one Hausa Aboki a few days back. I was on my way out of Multi-links office (My Internet Service provider) where I had gone to get my internet fixed when this Hausa Aboki approached me. I thought he wanted to beg for alms or something and as I turned to ask him what was wrong with him, the guy just brought out some funny looking drugs that had this lewd images of a couple having sex on the packaging. It turned out he was selling LIBIDO ENHANCING DRUGS. I took one look at what he was holding and told him I wasn’t interested and that such things were meant for men not agile babes like me (abi o!).

The guy no gree hear at all! He just kept on with his sales pitch. I was with a colleague of mine who hails from the north and she started telling him in Hausa that I wasnt interested in buying what he had for sale. As we made to get into the car, the Aboki said: “Ok madam, as you no wan buy this one for ya Oga, make you buy sweet me, I sweet you”. Now that caught my interest. Which one be sweet me, I sweet you again?? Out of curiosity (I didn’t intend to buy anyway and I was in the mood for some humour), I asked him to show me that one. After fumbling around for a while in his bag, the man brought out a sachet of powder. It was not branded and I asked him: “Aboki this one wey no get name na wetin?? I neva wan die o!” The Aboki just smiled and said: “Madam, this one u put am inside there, if ya oga enter there come out, na anything you tell am e go do for you, Na only N600”. God have mercy! I exclaimed and turned to look at my friend. She laughed and told me that such things were very common in the north. She now asked him if he had “Ferinjini”(I think that’s what she called it), I asked her what that one was and she told me that it was some powder that is used while bathing and that the person that used it would be so attractive that it would be difficult for any man to resist her once they set their eyes on her. The Aboki man quickly concurred with what she said and brought out another powder concoction, this time not sealed in a sachet but tied in one funny looking nylon. He said: “Madam , this na the one for shine shine face, You go put am for water wen you wan bath, make you no use soap o! any man wey see you go just dey follow you”. (This one don pass me, my people)I laughed and replied: “Haba mallam! As my face dey shine neva do? Me I no want make e shine pass like dis o!” By this time, I had realized that the man really meant business and I was looking for a way to discharge him but the man just kept bringing different stuff from his bag ( I don find trouble o!). I told my colleague to tell him in hausa that we were coming back to purchase his medicines since we didn’t have money to buy them now.

As he left, I couldn’t help laughing at the whole encounter and my colleague went further to gist me how it was the practice among some northerners to buy these concoctions for their daughters when they are getting married. She told me about a friend of hers that lost her pregnancy because of one of such mixtures given to her by her mother. It was a very enlightening experience for me, I have heard about babes that use such stuff to ensnare men and all that but have never believed such stories. Now I had seen a mallam who was selling the stuff and carrying it around.



I remember a story someone once told me about a fight between two babes in UNILAG who were roommates. One of the girls had this powder mixture which she rubbed on her face every morning before going for lectures. It looked like ordinary face powder and she had put it in a face powder container. This babe always had all the guys flocking round her; in fact she was one of the happening babes on campus. Her roommate had innocently used the girl’s powder one day when her own powder was finished and next thing it was like the situation was reversed, the first babe started losing her bobos while her roommate became the center of attraction. Somehow the first babe found out that the second one had used her powder and attacked the poor girl. I don’t remember how the story ended sha but the secret was finally let out of the bag and the first girl was disgraced.

On our way back to the office, I and my colleague kept discussing the issue and we both agreed that using diabolical means (That’s what it is) to ensnare a man or keep his love is not the best and at the end of the day it always backfires on the user. It is always better to make sure your partner is happy, be for him all that he wants and leave the rest to God to handle. The relationship will definitely last longer that way and you can be sure that the love is natural and real not some zombie that will do all u tell him to just because you had bewitched him. One day the charm will fade and what happens next??

I will love to know what you think my friends.

24 comments:

classybabe said...

I don't understand why people still use diabolical means to get what they want-money,man/woman.It usually never ends well and it is mostly ill-advised

princesa said...

@Classy babe, thats very true girl but when the devil blind u...,u know what happens.
Thanks for dropping by.

Unknown said...

Indeed it all goes pear shaped when the charm starts to fade. There's one called 'Kop No Mi' in Efik. Those who use such things do so at their own peril.

Azuka said...

...And of course there's the super magun :-D.

Why do people ever use such things?

Admin UD said...

Desperation and low self esteem can drive peeps to the highest level of bestiality all in the name of getting something.

And the scariest thing is it 'seems' to work.

diary of a G said...

hey hey hey
glad ya didn't buy "that stuff"
You definitely don't need it

read what Ugo D said. man that boy and his big big words...very well said D

Mariah and Whitney huh? girl I believe you...that's why Am also glad we aren't competing against
each other cause I serious ooo
my competition is my competition

I see your got the voice comment thingy...nice

chidi said...

this is one of the very reasons why i do not like Nigeria. They use such means to get what ever they want & to kill of who ever they want to kill of.

Anon said...

Wow, that's all news to me as well. Glad you got your internet fixed though! I don't agree with women using such charms to force a relationship...and I don't agree with men doing that either lol. But I feel like in the end, things always sort themselves out, and if it hasn't happened, then it's not the end.

princesa said...

@calabargal, babe u finally dropped by.I've heard about d "kop no mi" when i was in school.It used to be very popular among the 'Runs babes" back then and boy, was it working for them!

Copido said...

You shoulda asked the mallam which one he's tried personally. I mean, if u r selling a product with such powerful effects, wont u use it to lure the best babes/guys first? I'm sure some people patronise that mallam and it all boils down to ignorance. Good to have u back babes, i'm using starcomms internet and i think it beats multilinks hands down..just my honest opinion oh.....

princesa said...

@azuka, dearie magun is a charm used mostly by the yorubas to dissuade infidelity by one's spouse. A man who makes love to woman laced with the charm gets stuck and they can only be seperated after some rituals are done.

@Ugo daniels,yes it works for those that believe in it but u knowthe saying:When the devil gives u one thing with one hand, he takes two from u with the other hand",that's usually the case.

princesa said...

@diary of a G, Hey buddie! wats up with my biggest fan?? I def dont need that stuff cos my natural charm is very effective,abi? lol.

@Chidi,sweetie na frustration and poverty dey cause am o!

princesa said...

@diary of a G, Hey buddie! wats up with my biggest fan?? I def dont need that stuff cos my natural charm is very effective,abi? lol.

@Chidi,sweetie na frustration and poverty dey cause am o!

princesa said...

@everyone loves a naija girl, things will definitely sort themselves out in the end but badly for the "charms user".

@Copido, u got a valid point babe. If the charms were that effective the guy shoulda been in Yaradua's position by now.
Am considering that starcomms o!

Unknown said...

O girl I have been here before now? Update jo. And u were complaining I havent been by ur page in along while. No vex. Been terribly busy. Not enough hours in a day for me to add going on blog rounds. (smile)

An-Igbo-Dude said...

i havent used the charms(i think)before but i know friends who have and i can tell u, they do work. i havent been brave enough to try and buy one sha. my room mate gave me a local tablet mixed in stout during university dats and it WORKED like magic. havent used it since cos i could not come at all. i wonder why one would have sex and not come, it makes no sense.

princesa said...

@calabargal,i understand dear. no worry i go update soon.

@anibo dude's corner,i think u are referring to the libido enhancing drugs, abi? yea i know lots of guys use them but i believe those things may have an adverse side effect later on. Abeg no use am o!

ExcitedJade said...

Hey princess, sorry av been away for a while... so wasup... hmmm, this aboki thing is true oh.. During my service in Maiduguri, i saw more than enuff serf... there's even one that if u use.. u'll be invisible for a while.. can u imagine that.

Really, pple that use diabolical means to get things dont know it backfires... sthg will sha happen later ni sha.

take kia darl

princesa said...

@excitedjade, so good to see you here dear.Hmmm... invisible,i think maybei will try that one o!(lol,dont mind me o jare.

Izz said...

Welcome back. I share your anger of internet connections. My mobile data card is giving me hell at the very moment.

Nice and interesting blog. Do pop in at www.izzonline.blogspot.com when you can spare a mo to be inspired.

princesa said...

@izz, Thanks dear. dropping by now.

Izz said...

Hey, thanks for the visit and the comment. And yes, I married quite young, But the reasons were so compelling they were charming. And I'm still charmed and plan to stay charmed in to old age with this woman by my side.

Adeolu said...

Just Curious, how will you discern if a freind has not fallen victim to a girl who uses diabolical powder. I have this friend who travelled to Nigeria for two weeks and he met a certain "Angel" so he says. Ever since he got back to the US in January he has been sending money home like someone is been payed for some expatriate services they render. I am really worried and concrened about his case.

princesa said...

@izz,may God grant ur heart desires.

@adeolu, lmao! am laughing like mad here o! I no fit answer that ur question but i really hope ur friend is just madly in love.Thanks for popping in.