Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Just blabbing!

I know I promised to do a proper post last time but I wasn’t able to do it until now cos I was a little indisposed,lol, who am I kidding?? I was down! Down with malaria fever for 5 whole days! It wasn’t funny at all. One minute, I was hale and bubbly, the next I was burning up, shivering and in pains. These past days have been hell, I tell you but am glad it’s over now, am stronger and back to work.

Seriously now, I don’t have anything to blog about. My head is like empty right now. This is so unlike me, cos I usually have a lot in my head just begging to be put down but today, when I really need to blog about something, anything…i cant put my thoughts together. Did someone say after effects of the malaria? lol! I didn’t have cerebral malaria so don’t even go there!

Hmmm…what to gist…what to gist…

Okay, have I told you guys that my brother’s traditional wedding is coming up this Saturday? I put up the link to their wedding webbie, some time ago and many of you were sweet enough to visit and sign their guestbook. Well, in a few days, they would be traditionally wedded (is that a phrase?)lol! Anyway, this means that I would be travelling down east cos I have to play a prominent role in the wedding, It’s my brother remember? However I am so not looking forward to the long road trip to my village and its not just because of the “when are you calling us” which I am sure to get from my aunts and uncles, it’s because I HATE long distance trips by road!. Yea I know there are airplanes and flights to the east but hey are you gonna give the money?? I am megally broke,lol! NO! I am not kidding, I am serious! Yes even princesses gets broke at times and no, I haven’t been spending frivolously… okay… I admit I did spend frivolously on something recently, Something I probably never even needed in the first place (I didn’t realize it then). Don’t ask me what it was cos I aint telling. Lol! Maybe if I hadn’t bought it, I would have extra cash to pay for my flight down east this weekend*sighs*

Oh well, I can’t dwell on that now, I just need to get my road travel gear ready for the inevitable road trip. Aha! Did I mention that my brother’s wife, my sister-in-law is a really sweet and lovely person and am sure we’ll get along really well. I never had a sister growing up and am glad am getting one now by marriage,lol! Am sure she’ll enjoy her new family. We are waiting to receive her with open arms.

Ahem! I picked up my clothes from the tailor’s yesterday. It’s the ones am rocking at the traditional wedding and the Church thanksgiving. I daresay they look absolutely fab and I know am going to get a lot of compliments on my outfit on the D-day. Whose eyes is turning green??lol!
Maybe I’ll have some pics for you all when I return. Maybe you guys will have to beg me before I post any,lol!
Anyway, thing is I am looking forward to having a blast this weekend, I hope you all do too!
Am out,
Cheers,
princesa

33 comments:

Afrobabe said...

Firsssssssssssssssssssssssssstttt...am too much

Afrobabe said...

My eyes are definately green...

Looking forward to seeing the pics as I am sure you will look absolutely delicious...

Didn't know you were down love, will call you later...

Don said...

glad that you were able to get past your brief bout with malaria.

enjoy your weekend, as well.

Abbie said...

Hey, I'm sure you'll look absolutely fabulous in your traditional but be careful not to upstage the bride, it's a wedding faux pas.

Anyway, can you please post the wedding website again?
thanks.

Lighty 'neferet' Kopearl said...

well ill wait for the pics.

first time here. helloooo.

Lighty 'neferet' Kopearl said...

well ill wait for the pics.

first time here. helloooo.

Thirty + said...

Eh ya Ndo, devil is a liar, winch malaria tryna interrupt your groove plans.

Make I fedex some cash to you can't bear seeing princess travelling by road.

On the other hand you will be able to stop at that eatery joint you mentioned in your christmas post.

Enjoy

darkelcee said...

e pele

how are you doing now?

please take good care of you and emsure you rest when you get to villa.

Smaragd said...

am glad u are fine now princessa.

happy for ur bro, my older bro just got married too (March 15) and it was beeyootiful!his wife is now preggers sef! the man no dey waste time...lol

safe journey,have fun at the wedding and on behalf of all bloggers, here's wishing him a very fulfilling married life! happiness,children and money in abundance.

SOLOMONSYDELLE said...

Haba, Aunty Princesa, wetin happen wey I never see you for my ...EASIER... blog or my NIGERIAN CURIOSITY blog? You just went AWOL on me...

anyway, I really want to know what you bought and I would love to see pics of you and the ceremonies. I'm glad you got over your malaria, as well.

Take care and see you around!

SOLOMONSYDELLE said...

That is so sad...when i started to leave a comment, there were only 4 people ahead of me. Well, 3, seeing as Afrobabe has 1st and 2nd =). But by the time I posted, see how many people chanced me...

Na wa oh!

bumight said...

just make sure you post the pictures ok?

guerreiranigeriana said...

ah ah!...pretty princess!...i thought you were taking a break of blogging sef...only to come and find very serious gist since the last time...omo, let me go and read o!...how are you love?...

soupasexy said...

eh yah, pele...hope u feel a lot stronger.
sorry abt being broke, i feel u..so u r splurging on sth u dont need abi..lol
hope u have fun at the wedding.

guerreiranigeriana said...

geesh...na this malaria, hmmmnnnn...na serious thing o...i am glad you are well...

...traditional weddings are soooo much fun!!!...i love them and can't wait to go to them often when i return to naija...do post the pics!!!...don't make us beg...safe travels too...traveling by road is no small thing...

desperate lady said...

o honey pie i'm glad u feel better. u shud have announced u were sick so i could fast n pray 4 u but o wellll 2 late sha.

u berra put up those pics when u come bck orelse i'll harrass u.

Flourishing Florida said...

@ afro: madam, abeg u dey office????? dis one u jus dey come first 4 every blog!!!! work no dey 2day???? (see me wey dey talk sef)

@ princesa: congrats on ur brother's trad. wedding, & on d forthcoming 'traditionally wedding' ceremony (abeg, i no come understand o. r they having 2 trad. weddings?)

Ndo abt d malaria. 2 weeks ago, na me be dat. D mosquitoes these days dey vex eh

take care o. drink a lot of fluids too

Today's ranting said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Today's ranting said...

Thank God you are feeling better now. Safe journey and make sure you post pictures. Have a blast and don't eat too much oo.

Aijay said...

I love weddings! Have fun babes... we know u'll be a darling and put up the pics. lol.. can't wait to see them.
Have a safe trip too.

Bunmmy said...

great to hear you're much better. can't wait to see wedding pix, am sure you'll have much fun.i love em trad weddings.and don't over stress yourself o!

LG said...

thankGod u are better now, take care of urself o, dont eat too much or dance to much,lol!!
cheers

Unknown said...

Congrats to big bro on his wedding....
You have a safe trip home (I kinda like road trips myself..

PS: What WAS it you spent "frivolously on" sef..??? Tell us jare..

Anonymous said...

pele o..malaria is a bitch

Unknown said...

Abeg,take correct pics oh, so that we can see and copy the styles...

Hope you feel much better sha?

Enjoy the wedding

Jinta said...

have fun

take it easy o, naija road trips scare the waste out of my bowels

Nonesuch said...

Safe journey to the East. May the Lord bless the Union.

Andrew F. Alalade said...

Congrats on your broda's trad. wedding oooh, and gald to know you have overcome the malaria bug.
Go Princesa!

Unknown said...

I am green!!!!!!

In fact, I am more than green - I am blue, pink, yellow and GREEN!!!

anonymous gal(retired blogger) said...

That malaria...well it was a manifestation of my green eyed monster.

anonymous gal(retired blogger) said...

That malaria...well it was a manifestation of my green eyed monster.

Rinsola said...

Eh ya pele, sure you feel much better now. My eyes have turned grey sef, how i miss naija and them lovely tailors. How was the traditional wedding? Please come back and gist us, and gist with pictures o. Take care and have a great week ahead.

Naapali said...

Pele on the malaria, but I don't blame the mosquitoes biting fine girl like you. If I was a mosquito, I would bite you well well.